Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCOLSED, AND HOW YOU CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY.
Physical Therapy of Menifee is dedicated to protecting your medical information. The medical record is the physical property of Physical Therapy of Menifee, and the health information contained in the medical record is yours. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide you with this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protect health information.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE?
Physical Therapy of Menifee provides health care to our patients and clients in partnership with physicians and other professionals and organizations. The information privacy practices in this Notice will be followed by:
- Any health care professional that treats you at any of our locations
- All locations included within Physical Therapy of Menifee
- All employed associates, staff or volunteers of our organization, including staff at our parent organizations
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
We understand that medical information about you is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We create a record of the care and services you receive and to provide quality care and to comply with legal requirements. This Notice applies to all of the records of your care that we maintain, whether created by facility staff, your personal physician or records disclosed to us per your authorization from other providers.
WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO:
- Keep medical information about you private
- Give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information about you
- Follow terms of the Notice that is currently in effect
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice, making any revision applicable to all of the health information that we maintain. If Physical Therapy of Menifee revises the terms of this Notice, we will post a revised Notice at all Physical Therapy of Menifee locations and on our website: www.ptofmenifee.com.
We will also provide paper copies of this Notice upon request. You also will be asked to acknowledge in writing your receipt of this Notice.
HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION WILL BE USED AND DISCLOSED
- We may use and disclose medical information about you for treatment (such as sending medical information about you to a specialist as part of referral); to obtain payment for treatment (such as send billing information to your insurance company or Medicare); and for health care operations (such as review for quality assessment and the appropriateness of the care you receive).
- Subject to several requirements, we may use or disclose medical information about you without prior authorization including but not limited to public health purposes, abuse and neglect reporting, health oversight audits or inspections, research studies, workerâ€™s compensation or other similar programs.
- We may disclose medical information for specific circumstances when required by law (such as a request from law enforcement for a blood alcohol level) or in response to valid judicial or administrative orders.
- We may contact you for appointment reminders or to tell you about our recommended possible treatment options, alternatives, health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you or to support fund-raising efforts.
- You may be asked for your comments on the care that you received at Physical Therapy of Menifee.
- Unless you object, and with exception of Behavioral Health Patients, In Home Rehab may disclose your medical information to family members, other relatives or close personal friends involved in your medical care.
- Physical Therapy of Menifee may disclose your medical information to a public or private entity for the purpose of coordinating with that entity to assist in disaster relief efforts.
- Physical Therapy of Menifee may disclose your medical information to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the health or safety of another person or the public.
OTHER USES OF MEDICAL INFORMATION
In any other situation not covered by this Notice, we will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing medical information about you. If you choose to authorize use or disclosure, you can later revoke that authorization by notifying us in writing of your decision.
Your rights regarding your medical information include:
- The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your medical information. Physical Therapy of Menifee is not required to agree to your requested restriction.
- The right to receive communications form Physical Therapy of Menifee in a confidential manner (such as sending mail to an address other than your home).
- The right to inspect and obtain a copy of your medical information. You may be charged a reasonable fee for any copies of your records.
- The right to request an amendment of your medical information. Your request must be in writing and may be denied if the information was not created by Physical Therapy of Menifee, is not part of the medical information maintained by Physical Therapy of Menifee or if it is determined that the information in the record is accurate. You may appeal the denial in writing.
- The right to receive an accounting of the disclosures of your medical information made by Physical Therapy of Menifee except for the disclosures made for treatment, payment or healthcare operations and for those specifically authorized by you.
- The right to receive a paper copy of the Notice.
If you are concerned that your privacy rights may have been violated or you disagree with a decision Physical Therapy of Menifee has made, you may register your complaint with the Privacy Officer by leaving a message on our Ethics Line at (951)281-2901.
- Finally, you may send a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights. The address can be requested from the Values Line.
- Under no circumstances will you be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint.